Tuesday 7 August 2018

Buscador de Alegría en Camino


No motorcycle on this adventure. Thus I have allowed 6 weeks for this 500 mls pilgrimage walking the "Way of St James"  otherwise known as Camino Frances. The route starts on the French side of the Pyrenees at Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port immediately crossing into Spain using Basque country trials. 




Santiago de Compostela is the end of the Pilgrimage and many go onto the coast.

Camino de Santiago Map. All the European routes Map. Via de Arles, Via de Vezelay, Via de Le Puy Maps.

I'm doing what is considered the 'main' Camino. However there are many routes going back to the middle ages as seen in the map above. Camino Inglés is the shortest. One lands on the coast less then a week's trek from the remains of Saint James. 


It's all in what the author to the most popular guide book says.


On this holiday when does one become a Pilgrim?


Away with me and hopefully my son will meet me along 
"the Way".

No comments:

Post a Comment