Wednesday 15 August 2018

The Prep.... we're on, we're off, we're on, we're off again!


Too much information.

You can tell I have done some online prep. Well, I had to. The local Library informed me in the whole of Surrey there is only one book on the Camino and as such has to be ordered and not taken home.

Ever since Paul Allcorn gave me the bug to "do one" last year this project has been on, then off, then on again. I now hope to start before October 2018 and in my usual fashion will not train for the planned 6 weeks. 

That is what the extra week is for..... getting into the marathon slowly. I may even go onto "Muxia" and the "Fisterra (End of the World)" for a Pagan finish in 8 weeks!

In this time I hope to have a period to signify a change in my life. A spiritual journey without repetitive prayer. Stimulating company, food, wine with miracle weight loss. I'll be solo with plenty of churches for company and then there is you reading this Blog.

I have had several goes at my packing list to weigh no more then 8kg. It's amazing how much "the lighter the weight" costs and it has to be special stuff for a over night laundry at the Albergues. 

I've worked out a workflow for the daily blog which will have pics and video whenever. My Blog will be different to the other excellent Blogs and Vlogs done already and I 'll be lighter then others who have taken Drones in addition to Cameras. You'll see!

What finally needs to be said of this blog is it is described as daily but I'll make no such commitment as it could get in the way of the Pilgrimage. If I manage to say my prayers and complete my "self care" I'll Blog to rest and contemplate.




I'll declare the contents of my pack before I set off ..... but a few things have to come together before then.



No comments:

Post a Comment