Friday 13 March 2020

Will I ever journey to St James?

What now delays my start? Litigation and injury so far.

From the Camino Forum.





In what has become lengthy Camino preparation I am aware from the blogs of other Pilgrims one can expect a good churn of microbes from all parts of the world. A chest infection or tummy bug are not for certain but are to be expected. It doesn’t stop you and should it be bad enough “hole up” in a hotel for a couple of days which is fun!

I have spotted something with COVID-19. It doesn’t seem to infect all types of bodies. Like Trudeau where only his wife tested positive. So if we don’t expect all to be potential hosts we could peak earlier. If Spain and France peak early they could open doors June which is great walking although crowded.

I want a go and I need to train though France which also needs to be clear. No more delays!!!

From the Foreign and Commonwealth Office l
The first half of the Camino Frances is through Basque Country. The capital one expects to be infected but why not the rest of Spain even with more Foreigners?

The common denominator is Basques or Pilgrims. Peak soonest my friends. As soon as we have “herd immunity” I’m off. 

Followed up by a total shut down.






First time in two years I’ve looked and no pilgrims from all the routes have decided to collect their Compostela!




Camino boarders are now shut. If they open again in a month there is no delay to my intentions. Longer would mean I have to walk with kids. It won’t be nice I’ll just have to pray more.



Now to wait for my Corona infection and see how I react to it. Only had the flu once 10 years ago. Apart from the headaches and chest infection it was the loss of strength that got to me..... I had to leave my bath like a snake.


No comments:

Post a Comment